With a career spanning more than 20 years, Robert Chandler is one of the best known and most prolific translators of Russian into English. He has translated classic authors such as Pushkin and Leskov, as well as more contemporary writers like Grossman, and his translations of Platonov have won prizes. He recently completed a translation of Velimir Khlebnikov’s poem about the Volga famine.
- Would you like to contribute to Baltic Worlds?
- Follow us on Facebook!
Download back issue of Baltic WorldsLooking for back issues of Baltic Worlds? Download as PDF here.
- Please read and download reviewer guidelines!
Next issue appears in December 2016.
Articles written by
- Baltic Worlds covers; the Baltic Sea Region, Eastern Europe, Russia, Caucasus and the Balkan area.
Articles listed by country you find here.>>
- BACKLASH IN THE EAST Baltic Worlds publishes comments and opinions on the recent situation in Poland concerning the abortion ban!
Read the comments here.>>
- Baltic Worlds Election Coverage!
Elections in over 20 different countries are covered here.>>
Kalle Kniivilä, Sovjets barnbarn: Ryssarna i Baltikum. [The grandchildren of the Soviet Union: The Russians in the Baltic states] Atlas 2016. 320 pages
Jukka Gronow and Sergey Zhuravlev, Fashion Meets Socialism, Fashion Industry in the Soviet Union after the Second World War Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society, 2015 303 pages
Benedikts Kalnačs, 20th Century Baltic Drama: Postcolonial Narratives, Decolonial Options, Bielefeld: Aisthesis, 2016. 235 pages
Viacheslav Morozov, Russia’s Postcolonial Identity: A Subaltern Empire in a Eurocentric World. New York, and Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, viii + 209 pages
Andreas Fülberth, Riga: Kleine Geschichte der Stadt, Cologne: Böhlau Verlag, 2014
- All reviews