The predominantly unfavorable and restrictive socio-spatial conditions of squatting in Prague, have been shaped by the socialist past and post-socialist transformation. Temporarily facilitated by the fluid and liberalized nature of the early post-1989 era, the emergence of the first squats in Prague was inspired by the international squatters’ movement, and alienated from the enthusiastic acceptance of capitalism by Czech society.
- Would you like to contribute to Baltic Worlds?
- Follow us on Facebook!
Download back issue of Baltic WorldsLooking for back issues of Baltic Worlds? Download as PDF here.
- Please read and download reviewer guidelines!
Next issue appears in December 2016.
Articles written by
- Baltic Worlds covers; the Baltic Sea Region, Eastern Europe, Russia, Caucasus and the Balkan area.
Articles listed by country you find here.>>
- BACKLASH IN THE EAST Baltic Worlds publishes comments and opinions on the recent situation in Poland concerning the abortion ban!
Read the comments here.>>
- Baltic Worlds Election Coverage!
Elections in over 20 different countries are covered here.>>
Jukka Gronow and Sergey Zhuravlev, Fashion Meets Socialism, Fashion Industry in the Soviet Union after the Second World War Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society, 2015 303 pages
Benedikts Kalnačs, 20th Century Baltic Drama: Postcolonial Narratives, Decolonial Options, Bielefeld: Aisthesis, 2016. 235 pages
Viacheslav Morozov, Russia’s Postcolonial Identity: A Subaltern Empire in a Eurocentric World. New York, and Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, viii + 209 pages
Andreas Fülberth, Riga: Kleine Geschichte der Stadt, Cologne: Böhlau Verlag, 2014
- All reviews