“Follow the pipeline” was also one of the central themes of the 10th Aleksanteri Conference, “Fuelling the Future: Assessing Russia’s Role in Eurasia’s Energy Complex”, held at the University of Helsinki at the end of October 2010.
- Would you like to contribute to Baltic Worlds?
- Spring edition 2018. Special Issue on Romani Studies: Roma in the Balkan area: past, present and future. Please download cfp.
- Follow us on Facebook!
Download back issue of Baltic WorldsLooking for back issues of Baltic Worlds? Download as PDF here.
- Please read and download reviewer guidelines!
Next issue appears in March 2017.
Articles written by Peter Lodenius
European Humanities University, EHU, is a Belarusian university in exile that educates Belarusians in an academic environment that encourages the development of independent views. Students run the risk of arrest and interrogation by the Belarusian police. Some can no longer return to Belarus during school breaks.By Peter Lodenius Inga kommentarer till A Light in the Darkness of Belarus
- Baltic Worlds covers; the Baltic Sea Region, Eastern Europe, Russia, Caucasus and the Balkan area.
Articles listed by country you find here.>>
- BACKLASH IN THE EAST Baltic Worlds publishes comments and opinions on the recent situation in Poland concerning the abortion ban!
Read the comments here.>>
- Baltic Worlds Election Coverage!
Elections in over 20 different countries are covered here.>>
East and Central European History Writing in Exile 1939–1989, Editors: Maria Zadencka, Andrejs Plakans, Andreas Lawaty Brill Rodopi: 2015, 433 pages.
The Barents Region: A Transnational History of Subarctic Northern Europe, Chief editor Lars Elenius. PaxForlag, Oslo, 2015, 518 pages.
Gendered voices from East-Central Europe. Breaking out of the deadlock of neoliberalism vs. rightwing populism
Solidarity in Struggle: Feminist Perspectives on Neo-liberalism in East-Central Europe, EszterKováts (ed.), Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, 2016,115 pages
Kalle Kniivilä, Sovjets barnbarn: Ryssarna i Baltikum. [The grandchildren of the Soviet Union: The Russians in the Baltic states] Atlas 2016. 320 pages
Jukka Gronow and Sergey Zhuravlev, Fashion Meets Socialism, Fashion Industry in the Soviet Union after the Second World War Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society, 2015 303 pages
- All reviews