Become a Baltic Worlds contributor
Baltic Worlds appears four times a year. The magazine publishes both scholarly articles and reviews, in addition to journalistic material.
Material published in the journal is also published on this Web site.
If you are a journalist, and have an article or idea for an article, you should always contact the editorial board directly. Send email to email@example.com.
If you are a researcher and want to write a book review or publish an article, please read more below.
Baltic Worlds is an Open Access journal. We do not charge writers, readers or their institutions for access. All scholarly articles are free; in accordance with the BOAI definition of ”Open Access” users have the right to ”read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts” of scholarly peer-reviewed articles.
Scientific and research articles are handled according to the process described below. It is the scientific advisory council that is responsible for the peer-reviewing.
A prerequisite for publishing scientific articles in the BW is that the article not already be published in English elsewhere. All material is reviewed by two independent specialists. If an article is simultaneously being considered by another publication, this should be indicated. Before you send in your article, read our Style Guide and follow the instructions.
Baltic Worlds is a multidisciplinary journal. The readership is international and to some extent to be found also outside the academia. Writing for Baltic Worlds you should consider:
- Scholarly articles in Baltic Worlds should be readable and comprehensible, even to those outside the academic field.
- Weighty introductions, explanations of why a particular subject is interesting or advance summaries of what the essay contains do not belong in a scholarly article in BW.
- Neither is it necessary to state what is not going to be mentioned, or why the author has not considered a theory or perspective.
When you send in your scientific article, you should:
1. Send in your text, which should not exceed 6,000 words or 42,000 characters. Abstracts and keywords are not published in the printed version, but published in the fulltext pdf on the web site. Graphs and tables are published only in exceptional cases in the printed version. Indicate the title only on the first page of the article.
2. Indicate the title of the article, name(s) of the author(s), and the address to which the editorial staff should send correspondence on a separate page. The Editorial Board sends each article to two anonymous, independent reviewers for independent assessment, and the author’s name should not appear in the version sent to these reviewers.
3. Give a brief description of yourself separately, with title, subject area, and any work and/or activities that might be of relevance.
Please, you are welcome to send your article, author information, and contact information as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the editor: ninna.morner (a) sh.se
The journal is published quarterly. For editorial assessment and peer-review at least three months are normally needed.
Issue 1 appeared in the end of April.
Issue 2 appeared in the end of September.
Issue 3-4 appears in Mid-December.
Special Issue: Theme Contemporary Challenges in Food & Agriculture. Guest editor: Paulina Rytkönen, Södertörn University.
Please download Call for Papers here.>>
Issue 1 appears in March.
Issue 2 appears in June. Special Issue: Theme Modernization. Guest Editor: Sanna Turoma, Aleksanteri Institute, Helsinki.
Issue 3 appears in September
Issue 4 appears in December